Eligibility: Age 16 - 18 , a school leaver, unemployed.
What Is A Traineeship?
- A Traineeship will give you the support, skills and qualifications you need to progress into employment, an Apprenticeship or to go into learning at a higher level
- You must be between 16-18 years old and have left school
- You will receive a training allowance for the Engagement and Level 1 programme (Engagement £30 per week and Level 1 £50 per week)
- You must attend Engagement for 21 hours per week to receive £30 per week
- You must attend Level 1 for 37.5 hours per week to receive £50 per week
- You can also receive assistance with travel expenses
- Your training will start with an induction at the college where you will meet with your training advisor and agree your individual learning plan and decide upon your work placement
- The aim of the programme is to help you develop your skills to allow you to progress into employment, Level 1, apprenticeships or a full time college course
If you are interested in the programme you will need to make an appointment at your local Careers Wales office, where you will receive a guidance interview and hopefully a referral onto the programme.
For further information on the Traineeship Programme please contact:
Wyn David, Training Advisor, Engagement Traineeship Programme.