There are no specific entry requirements for the Equine Foundation Apprenticeship; however, there are qualifications or experience that will help learners understand the sector prior to starting, for example:
- Pony Club C Test
- BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Caring for Horses
- Level 1 Work-based Diploma in Horse Care
- BHS Stage 1 Horse Knowledge and Care
- Level 1 NVQ in Horse Care
- Previously worked in, or are currently working within the industry.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
British Horse Society Gold Membership is required.