ILM Diploma Principles of Leadership and Management Level 4
This is a level four qualification designed to develop aspiring middle managers and first line managers.
You will build core skills in middle management and then be helped to deepen your understanding of how to be effective leaders in your organisations. Students have access to learning materials at any time day or night via the college’s online supporting Google Classrooms and digital library. In addition to this they have allocated tutor support and one to one set tutorials to aid students before they submit work digitally online.
Course fees are applicable which cover tuition, assessment and tutorial sessions - price available on request.
At a Glance
2 years (one day a month in college with individual tutorial support)
The programme focuses on building core skills in middle management. Learn about how to effectively communicate the vision of the organisation to your team and how to manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders. Develop your leadership skills by motivating and developing your team to the best of their ability. The programme provides individuals with skills in problem solving, critical thinking leadership and key employability skills.
The programme consists of seven units:
Understanding the management role to improve management performance.
Understanding and developing relationships in the workplace
Managing and implementing change in the workplace
Managing personal development
Developing people in the workplace
Understanding good practice in workplace coaching
Programme units can be altered/tailored to suit the needs of individuals and employers.
Progression & Employment
What you will achieve:
- You will gain the knowledge to support your middle management role
- Learn how to take control of your personal development
- Understand change in the workplace
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Your employer will gain motivated middle managers with a proven ability to perform
- Have the benefit of working with managers who can assess and improve their own development
- Achieve better communication and collaboration in teams
Method of Assessment
All units are assignment based.
You will need to provide your own stationery and may also incur costs if the department arranges educational visits.