The qualification will cover the core knowledge and understanding required to work within the children's care, play, learning and development sectors. By studying this qualification, learners will:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of the core principles and values which underpin children's care, play, learning and development practice,
- Understand how legislation, national policies, guidance and frameworks support children’s care, play, learning and development,
- Appreciate factors that impact upon the health, well-being, learning and development of children,
- Consider the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of early years and childcare workers
and understand the purpose of legislation, national policies, procedures and codes of conduct and practice in relation to the safeguarding of children.
The course will also include the following:
- Tutorial Program
- Progress Reviews
- Literacy and Numeracy development through various pathways: GCSE resits, Agored Qualifications, Essential Skills Wales and WEST
- Paediatric First Aid
- Food Safety
This course will cover content which can be sensitive and triggering for some students. Topics such as abuse, safeguarding, mental health and addiction are all covered with some areas being taught in more detail than others.