ILM Certificate Principles of Leadership and Management Level 3
This course is aimed at new and aspiring junior managers. It’s ideal if you want to build your core management skills and develop as a leader. This course provides you with the underlying principles of management and is a good foundation for individuals looking to further progress in their career. Students have access to learning materials at any time day or night via the college’s online supporting Google Classrooms and digital library. In addition to this they have allocated tutor support and one to one set tutorials to aid students before they submit work digitally online.
Course fees applicable which cover tuition, assessment and tutorial sessions,price available on request.
At a Glance
1 year (one day a month in college with individual tutorial support)
The programme focuses on you sourcing and using information to make effective decisions, find solutions to problems, manage innovation and change in organisations and also you will learn about what it takes to lead and motivate a team.
The programme provides you with skills in problem solving, critical thinking, leadership and key employability skills.
The programme consists of eight units:
- Develop yourself and others
- Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Setting team objectives
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Understanding change
- Understanding leadership
- Understanding stress management
- Understanding recruitment and selection
Programme units can be altered/tailored to suit the needs of individuals and employers.
Progression & Employment
What you will achieve:
- You will achieve a solid grounding in what it takes to organise, manage and motivate your teams
- Gain confidence in your ability to perform in your role
- Learn tools and techniques to develop yourself as a leader
- Gain a national qualification to recognise your abilities and experience
- They will gain confident and effective managers
- Experience better communication, increased productivity and more motivated teams
- Work within a highly flexible qualification to close skills gaps and develop a well-rounded first-line management team
Method of Assessment
All units are assignment based.
You will need to provide your own stationery and may also incur costs if the department arranges educational visits.