ILM Diploma Principles of Leadership and Management Level 5
This is a level five qualification which is aimed at new and aspiring department heads, general managers and middle managers. It’s ideal if you want to develop specialist business knowledge and technical skills.
As a learner, you will get a thorough grounding in your role and responsibilities, and take the opportunity to consolidate and further develop the key skills you need at this level. Students have access to learning materials at any time day or night via the college’s online supporting Google Classrooms and digital library. In addition to this they have allocated tutor support and one to one set tutorials to aid students before they submit work digitally online.
Course fees applicable which cover tuition, assessment and tutorial sessions,price available on request.
At a Glance
2 years (one day a month in college with individual tutorial support)
- Enhance core management capabilities
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas, such as finance and marketing
- Take responsibility for your own development as a leader
- Prove you can make a measurable impact on your organisation through work-place based projects and assessment
The programme consists of nine units:
- Understanding the management role to improve management performance
- Solving problems by making effective decisions
- Develop critical thinking
- Leading innovation and change
- Managing and implementing change in the organisation
- Becoming an effective leader
- Managing projects in the organisation
- Managing improvement
- Making a financial case
Programme units can be altered/tailored to suit the needs of individuals and employers.
Progression & Employment
What you will achieve:
- Gain the knowledge to support your middle management role
- Take control of your personal development
- Understand change in the workplace
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Get a nationally recognised qualification
- Build sustainable management practice that works for the long term
- Benchmark managers’ knowledge and abilities
- Encourage staff to proactively manage their career progression for succession planning and to develop the talent pipeline
Method of Assessment
All units are assignment based.
You will need to provide your own stationery and may also incur costs if the department arranges educational visits.