This qualification is for learners who wish to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively coach or mentor people within an organisational context. It is also an ideal qualification for those who wish to commence a career in coaching or mentoring. Students have access to learning materials at any time day or night via the college’s online supporting Google Classrooms and digital library. In addition to this they have allocated tutor support and one to one set tutorials to aid students before they submit work digitally online.
Course fees applicable which cover tuition, assessment and tutorial sessions - price available on request.
At a Glance
1 year ( one day a month in college with individual tutorial support)
Know what it takes to be an effective coach and mentor
- Understand the role and responsibilities of effective coaches and mentors
- Learn how to manage coaching and mentoring processes using recognised models
- Put your new skills into practice by carrying out supervised coaching or mentoring sessions
- Analyse your coaching or mentoring performance in order to improve own ability
There are 4 units to complete that will focus on good practice in coaching and mentoring within an organisational context. You will also undertake coaching within your workplace and will reflect on the development of your skills over the year.
Progression & Employment
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
Method of Assessment
You are required to mentor or coach an individual in the workplace under supervision in order to successfully complete this qualification.
You will need to provide your own stationery and may also incur costs if the department arranges educational visits.
Course fee band : H