Level 2 Medical Terminology and Audio Transmission Certificate
This qualification is ideally suited for those wishing to progress or move into a Medical Administration environment where the frequent use of medical terminology needs to be understood. The qualification will prepare the learner to work in the field of medical administration learning skills in medical terminology and audio transcription.
At a Glance
- provides opportunities to develop their knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and audio transmission
- combination of on-site and online delivery
- delivered by qualified lecturers
- nationally recognised qualification which provides a progression route to employment or higher level qualification.
- continue professional development
Medical Terminology takes a structural approach, focusing on how medical terms are built from roots, prefixes and suffixes, and the recognition of terms from given definitions.
- Abbreviations relating to body systems
- Medical specialities
Audio Transmission enables the learner to develop the knowledge and skills needed to use audio equipment and software to produce a range of routine and professional medical documents..
- transcription of routine documents containing medical terminology
- application of word processing technique
- proofreading including checking methods
Progression & Employment
Candidates achieving this qualification can progress:
- Into employment
- Level 2 Medical Administration and Communication Skills Certificate
Method of Assessment
Assessment will be in the form of two time constrained tasks - one in Medical Terminology and one in Audio Transmission - which will generate evidence of achievement for all assessment criteria and required learning outcomes.
Agored Cymru Certificates in:
- Medical Terminology for Administrators
- Medical Audio Transcription
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, although a good understanding of the English language is considered to be beneficial with particular focus on accuracy in spelling, together with either experience in a medical environment or a wish to move into this area.
The course incurs part time fees in Fee band H.
There are no additional costs associated with this qualification.