The qualification provides learners with a good insight into the skills and knowledge they require, not only for working in this sector, but generic, transferable skills that all employers would welcome. The choice of units offered across level two gives learners the opportunity to demonstrate a variety of transferable skills that employers are seeking.
During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology that is applicable to gym instructing.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health.
- Health and safety in a fitness environment.
- Customer care.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to support positive behaviour change.
- The skills needed to plan and conduct gym based exercise sessions with individuals and groups.
- Legal and professional requirements for fitness instructing.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve their own performance.