Skip to main content

How can the centre help me?

The centre can help you by giving you an individual assessment to assess your additional needs as evidence of your difficulties for your Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).

The centre can assess to see if you need help with:

  • Practical Work
  • Specialist Tuition
  • Note Taking
  • Computer equipment and software
  • Ergonomic equipment

How can I get an assessment?

Either you or the College or University that you attend will contact Student Finance (SF) and submit evidence of your medical condition or learning difficulty. If satisfied that there’s a potential need for additional support, Student Finance will then refer you to the Assessment Centre for a full, in depth assessment.

You will need to have written confirmation that Student Finance will meet the cost of the assessment before an appointment can be made.

Inspiring Learners

Link to Coleg Sir Gar Instgram      Link to Coleg Sir Gar Facebook      Link to Coleg Sir Gar Twitter     Link to Coleg Sir Gar Linked In 


Get in Touch

Graig Campus
Sandy Road
SA15 4DN
01554 748000
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Coleg Sir Gar is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No. 08539630 and is a registered charity No. 1152522. 
The registered office is at The Graig Campus, Sandy Road, Pwll, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA15 4DN