This qualification is primarily for those seeking a pathway into Health and Social Care and Childcare.
At a Glance
This is a full-time qualification which is mainly workshop based, with focus being on Health and Social Care and elements of Childcare. There will also be a placement experience.
The qualification will cover a variety of Health and Social Care and Childcare based units, which include:
- Introduction to the Development of Children and Young People Through Play
- Introduction to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Introduction to Partnership Working in Health and Social Care (Adults and Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare
- Awareness of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care (Adults and Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare
- Introduction to Children and Young People’s Development
The course will also include the following:
- Tutorial Program
- Progress Reviews
- Literacy and Numeracy development through various pathways: GCSE resits, Agored Qualifications, Essential Skills Wales and WEST
- Be Active
Progression & Employment
Successful completion of course could lead to progression onto a Level 2 course.
Method of Assessment
- Observations in placement
- Written assessments
Examples will include essays, posters, power points and other various forms.
All applicants will need a positive reference. Suitability for this course will be assessed at interview.
An applicant for the Level 1 will need to have:
A minimum of 3 GCSEs A – G and a clear Enhanced DBS.
Enhanced DBS - £44
Uniform – approximate cost for hoodie £20, polo shirt £12.
All learners are required to pay an administration fee of £25 prior to enrolment.