Named Contact for Looked After Children & Care Leavers
- Cross campus visits
- Transition taster week to help with deciding what the right course for you is (in conjunction with Carmarthenshire Youth Service).
- Designated point of contact to assist with chosen courses, funding, mentoring support and any additional support required.
- Links with local authorities and schools to identify the need of young people that are applying to college early, to ensure the right help and advice, guidance and support is provided.
- Summer activities available to ensure a smooth entry into college life and to meet like minded people whilst having fun.
- One to one mentoring support for young people who require help, support, advice and guidance for personal and social development.
- Pre-application advice and guidance available on courses and support with applications if required.
- Advice and guidance for accessing Learning Support for additional academic requirements.
- Support through the enrolment process.
- Help with accessing relevant and available funding.
- Designated person to assist with advice guidance and advocacy throughout their time at the college.
- Designated person to assist with signposting to relevant support provisions such as mentoring, careers, counselling.
- Support with applications for higher education courses and transition into higher education.
Learner Support Coordinator
Graig and Ammanford
Pibwrlwyd, Gelli Aur and Job’s Well