Student Transport 2019/20
Click here for an important update for students travelling CSG1, CSG2 and CSG3 bus services to Graig Campus.and CSG3 bus services to Graig Campus.
1. Who is eligible for Student Transport?
- Full-time further education students living over 3 miles from campus of study (1 mile for Gelli Aur students)
- Part-time further education students studying at Gelli Aur campus only
Part time Further Education Students
Further Education (FE) part time students are NOT eligible for student transport, unless attending Gelli Aur campus. However, FE part time students may be issued passes from November onwards if there is spare seating available on college contract buses. No spare seats are available on public service buses. FE part time students may apply on-line on the understanding that their application will be refused initially and reconsidered during November.
Higher Education Students
Full time HE students may be entitled to a Rural Bursary Grant which can assist with transport. Contact Heledd Edwards on 01554 748383 to discuss.
Students living in Llanelli town (within 3 miles of Graig campus)
Further education students (full or part time) living in Llanelli town and within 3 miles of the Graig Campus may catch the CSG 1, 2 and 3 services at £1 per journey. The campus of study must be at the Graig.
2. How to apply for Student Transport?
- Students need to apply for student transport every year
- All returning students must reapply for transport.
- Transport to be requested during the Enrolment process at College
- You can also apply online, you will need your Person Code and Password from your enrolment letter. Click here to apply for student transport
- Transport Applications will only be processed after enrolment and confirmation of course timetable.
Students with Additional Needs for Transport
Students - Youth Access Courses
Please contact Charlotte Coombes, Youth Access Coordinator
Students - Engagement/Traineeship Level 1 Courses
Please contact Ms Jill Dunne or Mr Wyn David, Training Advisors
3. Timetables & Bus Passes
• Bus Passes will be issued by Carmarthenshire County Council to Coleg Sir Gâr for collection. Students will be contacted when the pass is ready for collection. This may take up to 15 days after Enrolment.
• Passes for College contracted buses will be valid until end June 2020.
• Passes for public service buses will be valid for 6 months and another issued at renewal date which will then be valid until end June 2020. There is no need to reapply for the renewal of the pass as it will be processed and issued automatically.
• Bus Passes must be shown on every journey to the Bus Driver. #NoPassNoTravel
• Until Friday, 4 October 2019, students will be allowed to travel on college contracted buses without a bus pass.
• If students travel to and from College on public service buses during September, then they will be responsible for the payment of the fare. Students will be able to claim the bus fares back from the college, subject to checks on enrolment, attendance and bus tickets. All bus tickets must be submitted with the claim. Please claim at Campus Office after you have received your college travel pass.
• As from Monday 7th October 2019 – bus passes must be presented on every journey. #NoPassNoTravel
• Bus timetables are available on College Website. Timetables will not be issued with Bus Pass.
• For CSG 1, 2 and 3 buses (Llanelli town – Graig campus), students are not required to complete transport applications but will have to pay £1 per journey to the bus driver.
• Graig students should note the different bus bays for departure (Graig or Ysgol y Strade). A list is displayed on the Transport Noticeboard in Yr Hwb / Main Reception at Graig campus.
• The Learner Support team will be available at the start / end of the day for the first week to assist students.
• Click below to view the College Bus Timetable:
Gelli Aur Campus
Jobs Well Campus
4. Lost / Damaged Travel Pass
• Student to call Carmarthenshire County Council on 01267 234567 to arrange replacement pass.
• Charge of £6.00 payable by the student to the County Council before a replacement pass is issued.
• Student can request temporary travel arrangements on College contract bus, however this is not available on public service buses
5. Replacement Travel Pass due to change of circumstances (change of address, campus etc)
• Complete Appendix E – Change of Circumstances Form. Do not complete the online Transport Application Form. Click here to view Appendix E
• Students must return the completed Form and the Travel Pass to the Transport Unit, Graig Campus.
• No fee for a replacement travel pass due to change of circumstances. Original pass must be submitted to the College Transport Unit, Graig Campus.
6. Code of Conduct
• Students and Parents / Guardians (if students under18 years of age) must read and agree to abide by :-
7. Disruption / Cancellation to Bus Services
• The College will publicise any known cancellation / disruption to Bus Services on the College Website and / or Social Media such as Twitter.
Tel: 01554 748025
9. Related Documents
Transport Policy 2019/20
College Code of Conduct
SWWITCH Home to School/College Transport
Change of Circumstances (Appendix E)
College Bus Timetable - Ammanford Campus
College Bus Timetable - Gelli Aur Campus
College Bus Timetable - Graig Campus
College Bus Timetable - Jobs Well Campus
College Bus Timetable - Pibwrlwyd Campus